Monday 3 December 2012

Unit 7 - Personal Statement


Unit 7 – Working in a team ;Learning Outcome 2 – Assessment Criteria 2.1
Personal Statement reflecting on my performance and behaviour as part of a team & assess what influence this has on others.

When starting here at T2, I had an initial induction listening and watching the team, to see their typical day in the life of working in the design industry. I also got involved in various tasks given to me by the manager which was for example, an admin related task, updating all of their training course documents. When my induction was complete I had a meeting with the manager and director, discussing how well I had done and how my day had been. An example of feedback which was given back to me was that I ‘worked well, got everything completed quickly and that I listened and understood the tasks given’ to me. Although expectedly nervous, but at the same time feeling comfortable and confident in T2’s atmosphere, I think that I had a positive approach to my behaviour and performance within the work place.
As I progressed to work with T2 I began with a weekly planner, stating actions for me to carry out each week. This helped me to stay organised and focused throughout each day. Every Monday and Friday I went onto T2’s e-learning training portal to access online learning about the relevant software which I would be using day in and day out within the work place of T2. When watching the learning tutorials, I noted down each category and key information for specific software, which I could refer back to, to revise and put into practice. This helped me to gain the knowledge and skills required to use the appropriate software.
Throughout the 8 month duration of me working with T2 so far, my performance and behaviour has increasingly grown and developed. I now have more responsibility in projects which reflects on the increased percentage of me being involved a lot more and working as part of a team. I communicate more with the team members now than what I did when I first started as I have more responsibility, share ideas and give constructive support and feedback. 
My confidence has grown and is still growing, I communicate confidently with the team using verbal and non-verbal techniques such as email. I understand the value of everyone elses ideas and support in projects which has also learnt me to communicate with each and correct team member in order to complete a project.
My share of the project e.g. creating the 2d side of the artwork, If require a specific element to complete the artwork, I then have to communicate with the team member that has the full responsibility of that element.
For example when working with Keepmoat Homes and I require a 3d image and house dimensions, because I put the artwork together graphically and I don’t have responsibility over creating 3d models or measurements because this isn’t my job role, I have to work as part of a team to get those elements to complete the end result. Each team member has their own responsibility in a project; we all work as a team to place each other’s work and responsibilities together to get the final result and project finished successfully and on time.

 My performance is developing quickly, learning new skills and more about each project I work on. T2’s main client ‘Keepmoat Homes’ is who I do the 2d artwork for, which my skills in this brand has developed greatly as well as my responsibility in the making process. From being a part of making the artwork once a week, my responsibility has grown to create more of the artwork and also the work load has increased from 1 to 5-7 Keepmoat projects per week.
I also self-manage myself when it comes to organization and what I work on next. I use my diary planner to keep note of what I have done and what needs completing. For example, when it comes to the weekend, the following Monday morning I will know what tasks to carry out as I would have planned my actions from the previous Friday.


My positive attitude and approach to working as part of a team influences other members as I am working on projects to help relieve the pressure of multiple projects that are all live at once and by giving them constructive feedback and changes to keep their work at their best standard. For example when I notice that something is wrong, I tell the team member who is responsible so that they can correct it or take my feedback on board.
I am very adaptable when working on projects, as I understand that changes do happen within the work of this industry. I always achieve the end result to suit. The reflection on my performance and behaviour is at high standard as I enjoy working with T2 in this industry sector and I think the skills and experience that I have gained will give me a great knowledge long-term for my chosen career path in Graphic Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment